The magnificent Royal Opera House, with its grand classical portico fronting Bow Street, is actually the third theatre built on the Covent Garden site. Both the previous theatres were destroyed by fire, a serious hazard in the era before electricity. Originally built as the Theatre Royal, the Royal Opera House is now home to two of the world’s great artistic companies – The Royal Opera and The Royal Ballet.
Join a group and step behind the scenes of the nearby Royal Opera House for an introduction into the colourful history of the theatre, an insight into its redevelopment and a look at aspects of current productions. Each tour is different and may include opportunities to see The Royal Ballet in class, or the backstage technology in operation.
- Tours last for approximately 1 hour and 15 minutes and vary according to the areas that are accessible on the day
- The Royal Opera House is just a 4 minute walk from One Aldwych
- Tours are priced at TBC per person
- The tour is not suitable for children under 8 years old
- Photography is not permitted on backstage tours and a visit to the auditorium is not guaranteed
Please speak with Concierge if you would like to book a behind-the-scenes tour of the Royal Opera House.
Tel: 020 7300 1099