One Aldwych is London's definitive contemporary luxury hotel. Set in buzzing Covent Garden, in the heart of the capital, this award-winning 5 star hotel offers creature comforts with personalised service.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a customer focused individual to join our team as our team as a Security Officer.
- A minimum of 2-3 years’ experience within security services
- A background within the service of the hotel industry or similar
- Knowledge of the Police and Criminal Evidence Act
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- First aider, fire marshalling and basic health and safety knowledge
- You must be SIA licensed
- Carry out regular patrols of all public and service areas in the hotel
- Maintain periods of static watch in the lobby and other areas
- Investigate promptly emergency calls, especially fire and other 999 calls and alarms.
- Receive into safe custody lost property handed to security
- Ensure that all emergency situations, such as bomb threats, are handled correctly and that the necessary follow-up procedures are implemented
- Coordinate with the police for any incidents within the hotel or concerning the property
- Instil in both management and employees a feeling of confidence in the Security department.
We will offer you:
- A very competitive salary
- Travel card loans
- Meals on duty
- Uniform and dry cleaning
- Performance review and personal development plan
- Internal transfer & promotion opportunities
- 28 /32 days holiday per annum, increasing 1 day annually up to 4 years
- Yearly hotel stay with dinner
- Support in the development of your career
One Aldwych is renowned as an employer that invests in its staff and provides fantastic training and development opportunities.
2015 Best Employers in Hospitality Awards: One Aldwych is named one of the “Top 50 employers in England and Wales” in the annual 2015 Best Employers in Hospitality Awards. The hotel was the runner-up in the Best Large Independent Hotel Employer category.