We are looking for an experienced Painter who is prepared to be working in a busy department, be adaptable and flexible in order to adjust to the day to day requirements of the engineering facility.
One Aldwych is London’s inspiring independent luxury hotel. Located in the heart of buzzing Covent Garden, this award-winning 5 star hotel offers the vibrant Lobby Bar, stylish gluten and dairy-free restaurant, Indigo at One Aldwych and a hotel restaurant which showcases the reimagined Charlie and the Chocolate Factory Afternoon Tea. The hotel boasts a stunning chlorine-free swimming pool, a state-of-the-art gym and spa treatments from the prestigious skincare house, Natura Bissé and Oskia. For formal meetings or beautiful events there are seven sleek contemporary spaces, in addition to a luxurious private screening room. Coupled with the hotel’s collection of 350 contemporary artworks, and thoughtful, unpretentious service, One Aldwych is truly an exciting place to stay.
- Have at least 2 years previous experience in a 5 star hotel or similar environment City & Guilds 17th Edition qualifications or equivalent
- Have City & Guilds of London in Painting & decorating advanced craft credit or a distinction pass level
- Demonstrate excellent attention to detail
- Be flexible and committed
- Carry out Planned Preventative decorating activities in accordance with the company and departmental standards to all areas of the hotel. This will include guest bedrooms, public areas, and all back of house areas
- To carry out regular floor walks to inspect all wall coverings and paintwork to guest corridors, and all public areas including “back of house”
- To carry out regular inspections of all guest bedrooms for damaged/dirty paintwork to which should form part of a structured planned maintenance regime
- Comply with all current relevant health and safety policies and procedures
- Perform any other reasonable duties as requested from time to time by senior management
- Perform all duties professionally, promptly, and efficiently
We will offer you
- A very competitive salary
- Season ticket loans
- Meals on duty
- Uniform and uniform care
- Performance review and personal development plan
- Internal transfer & promotion opportunities
- Yearly hotel stay with dinner in the outlet of your choice
- 28 to 32 days holiday per year, increasing 1 day annually up to 4 years
- Support in the development of your career
To apply for this role please send your CV and covering letter to the Recruitment Team.