As part of the brigade under Executive Chef, Dominic Teague, we are looking to recruit a Night Chef.
One Aldwych is London’s inspiring independent luxury hotel. Located in the heart of buzzing Covent Garden, this award-winning 5 star hotel offers the vibrant Lobby Bar, stylish gluten and dairy-free restaurant, Indigo at One Aldwych and Eneko Basque Kitchen and Bar, a restaurant which showcases renowned chef Eneko Atxa’s fresh modern Basque dishes and reimagined Charlie and the Chocolate Factory Afternoon Tea.
Indigo, is the home of simply delicious food from the best independent producers. Chef Dominic Teague gives his menu of British favourites a gentle touch of innovation to create dishes that speak to his childhood love of the great outdoors.
This role includes preparation, basic Room Service orders, setting up for breakfast service and any other relevant jobs as passed down from senior chefs. The working hours are 22:00pm to 06:30am, predominately Monday to Friday with occasional weekend’s shifts.
What we require from you
- Prior experience in a similar role.
- A passion to succeed in a fast paced quality environment
- Ability to prioritise different tasks and requests coupled with proven organisation skills
- Have experience of working in a 4/5* Hotels
- Good level of English language both spoken and written
- Have an NVQ Level 1 & 2 Catering qualification or equivalent
- Have a Level 2 Food Safety and Catering qualification or equivalent
- Have the right to work in the United Kingdom
We will offer you
- A very competitive salary
- Season ticket loans
- Meals on duty
- Uniform and uniform care
- Performance review and personal development plan
- Internal transfer & promotion opportunities
- 28 / 32 days holiday per annum, increasing 1 day annually up to 4 years
- Yearly hotel stay with dinner in the outlet of your choice
- Support in the development of your career
To apply for this role please send your CV and covering letter to the Recruitment Team.