We currently have a fantastic opportunity for a strong and charismatic Restaurant Manager to join and lead our iconic Charlie and the Chocolate Factory Afternoon Tea.
As London’s cultured, independent hotel, One Aldwych is a true modern oasis – privately-owned and standing proud where the City meets the West End. This vibrant Covent Garden location is the gateway to the very best of London.
Guests and Londoners alike are drawn to the iconic Lobby Bar, alive from morning coffee to late-night craft cocktails. One Aldwych is home to two stylish restaurants. Covent Garden’s neighbourhood restaurant, Indigo, is the home of simply delicious food from Chef Dominic Teague and focuses on brilliant British producers whilst the informal Eneko Basque Kitchen & Bar is the vision of Michelin-starred Spanish chef Eneko Atxa. Come teatime, guests can choose between the spectacular Charlie and the Chocolate Factory Afternoon Tea or an elegant tea stand of treats in Indigo.
What we require from you
- A strong background of management within high end restaurants
- Previous experience of managing a department serving Afternoon Tea at a high pace whilst focusing on quality and standards
- A passion for service excellence in professional surroundings
- An in-depth knowledge of the London market
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills with guests and colleagues
- Managing your team to consistently deliver a 5 star service
- Accountable for P&L and budgets
- Ensuring that Leading Quality Assurance standards are met and exceeded
- Coaching and mentoring your team
- Attending morning briefings and food and beverage meetings
- Liaising with the Executive Chef on a regular basis to discuss the progress of the day to day business and to pass on any feedback regarding food quality and presentation
We will offer you
- A very competitive salary
- Travel Season ticket loans
- Private Dental Cover
- Performance review and personal development plan
- Internal transfer & promotion opportunities
- 28 days holiday per annum, increasing 1 day annually up to 4 years
- Complimentary nights in the hotel
To apply for this role please send your CV and covering letter to the Recruitment Team.