A tipple or tea?
Afternoon Tea is an established part of any fine hotel’s hospitality: a time-honoured British tradition enjoyed by scone-lovers everywhere. However, we like to think afternoon tea in Indigo has an intimate, personal touch thanks to Chef Dominic Teague’s preference for the unexpected, especially when it comes to delighting with his selection of moreish mouthfuls, each carefully-crafted as the perfect partner to a fine selection of loose-leaf teas or a tempting tea-infused cocktail.
EMBRACE BOTH TRADITION AND TASTE
Chef Dominic Teague has created a delightful selection of savouries and sweets, many of which have a dash of the unexpected. Served with a selection of exceptional loose-leaf teas, will you be tempted to add a tea-infused cocktail? Or add a glass of the finest English sparkling wine from the vineyards of Henners on the East Sussex coast.
On the innovative menu; traditional smoked salmon & cucumber is under the guise of a light mousse, whilst roast beef with watercress and horseradish is a very moreish mouthful.
Pistacio and polenta cake
1. Preheat your oven at 150 ᵒ C.
2. Whisk the eggs and sugar until fluffy, in a mixing bowl.
3. Into the eggs and sugar mixture; gently fold in the flour, polenta, ground pistachio and baking powder until it’s smooth.
4. Into the same mixing bowl, add in the olive oil and almond milk and gently mix together.
5. Add the orange juice and once again, mix.
6. Pour the mixture into a tray lined with greaseproof paper and bake at 150 ᵒ C for 40 minutes.