Allow us to take you back in time as you stroll around the local neighbourhood to discover the rich history of Covent Garden, The Aldwych and its connections to King Henry VIII.
During the course of the tour you will peer down the old ‘courts’ to see a hint of an older, darker period of history, find out more about the many plaques dedicated to famous writers, actors and musicians on the buildings surrounding the area and hear stories about some of the many theatres around the hotel - most over a century old - that have earned Covent Garden its nickname of ‘Theatreland’. On your return to the hotel, relax and ask your guide further questions over tea or coffee in our private guest lounge, Lounge at One.
- The walk will leave from The Lobby Bar at One Aldwych every Saturday at 11am and last for approximately 1 hour and 30 minutes
- Walking tours are complimentary
- We would recommend comfortable footwear
- These tours are led by a Blue Badge Tourist Guide, who hold the nationally-accredited guiding qualification
- Our complimentary walking tours run during our Summer Urban Resort from 1 July to 30 September
To reserve a place on a walking tour during your Summer stay, please contact Reservations.
Tel: 020 7300 0500