One Aldwych is London's definitive contemporary luxury hotel. Set in buzzing Covent Garden, in the heart of the capital, this award-winning 5 star hotel offers creature comforts with personalised service.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a hard working individual to join our team as a Room Attendant in our Housekeeping Department.
The successfully recruited Room Attendant will be passionate about hotels and will be able to deal with any challenging situation that should occur on shift. You will have previous experience working in a luxury 5 star environment and be an excellent team player.
Your duties as a Room Attendant will include:
- Be responsible for the thorough cleaning of all (departure and occupied) rooms in assigned sections to a 5 star standard
- Carry out spring cleaning duties as directed by the Floor Supervisor
- Carry out weekly and monthly cleaning tasks
- To act upon guest requests and special requirements where necessary
- To ensure all housekeeping and linen stores are well maintained
- Report defects in rooms. Hand items of property found to the Floor Supervisor
- To hand guests' keys to the Housekeeper as soon as possible
- Ensure security of allocated keys and Guest rooms at all times
To be successfully you will:
- Have experience as a Room Attendant in a 5/4 star hotel
- Have an excellent command of the English Language
- Be extremely well groomed and presented
- To act as a team player and provide effective day to day communication with colleagues and guests
- Have the right to work in the United Kingdom
We will offer you:
- A very competitive salary
- Travel card loans
- Meals on duty
- Uniform and uniform care
- Performance review and personal development plan
- Internal transfer & promotion opportunities
- 28 to 32 days holiday per year, increasing 1 day annually up to 4 years
- Yearly hotel stay with dinner in our Indigo Restaurant
- Support in the development of your career
One Aldwych is renowned as an employer that invests in its staff and provides fantastic training and development opportunities to help develop your career.
People are our greatest asset and we are always on the look out for motivated and professional individuals. We place a great deal of importance on assembling the best possible team of people at all levels and then providing the right training and opportunities to allow people to develop to their full potential.
2014 Best Employers in Hospitality Awards, October 2014
One Aldwych is named one of the "top 50 employers in England and Wales" in the annual 2014 Best Employers in Hospitality Awards.
The hotel was the runner-up in the Best Large Independent Hotel Employer category.