LUGGAGE PORTER / DOOR PERSON
One Aldwych is London's definitive contemporary luxury hotel. Set in buzzing Covent Garden, in the heart of the capital, this award-winning 5 star hotel offers creature comforts with personalised service.
We currently have a fantastic opportunity for a strong and charismatic person to join our team as a Luggage Porter / Doorperson. This position reports into the Head Concierge and will be part of a dynamic, high performing team. People are our greatest asset and we are always on the look out for flexible and enthusiastic individuals.
Your duties will include:
- Welcome all guest to One Aldwych
- Relieve guests of their luggage on arrival
- Deliver messages, faxes, and packages for guests and to undertake any other requests in order to ensure their comfort
- Ensure the efficient delivery and collection of group luggage
- Ensure that the guest has verified that all luggage has been accounted for
- Valet parking attendant in parking guests cars
- Deliver luggage to guest rooms as desired
- Transport departing guests luggage from the room to the lobby, then into a car or taxi
To be successful you will:
- Stable background within quality luxury establishments
- Full clean UK driver license
- Must be over the age of 25 due to the motor Insurance policy of the hotel
- Must have held full license for at least 5 years
- Be a good team player
- Have a good command of the English language
- Be well groomed and presented
- Have the right to work in the UK
We will offer you:
- A very competitive salary
- Season Ticket loans
- Uniform and uniform care
- Internal transfer and promotion opportunities
- Yearly hotel stay with dinner in the outlet of your choice
- Performance review and personal development plan
- Support in the development of your career
One Aldwych is renowned as an employer that invests in its staff and provides fantastic training and development opportunities to help develop your career.
People are our greatest asset and we are always on the look out for motivated and professional individuals. We place a great deal of importance on assembling the best possible team of people at all levels and then providing the right training and opportunities to allow people to develop to their full potential.
2014 Best Employers in Hospitality Awards
One Aldwych is named one of the "top 50 employers in England and Wales" in the annual 2014 Best Employers in Hospitality Awards.
The hotel was the runner-up in the Best Large Independent Hotel Employer category.