One Aldwych is London's definitive contemporary luxury hotel. Set in buzzing Covent Garden, in the heart of the capital, this award-winning 5 star hotel offers creature comforts with personalised service.
We now have a fantastic opportunity for a strong and charismatic leader to join our team as a Night Manager.
As a Night Duty Manager your role is to ensure the smooth running of the front of house areas of the hotel. You will be the main point of contact for all guest queries and essentially be the face of the hotel. You will also be an inspirational leader and mentor to the Guess Service Agents.
The successfully recruited Night Manager will have a passion for service excellence and will enjoy working in professional surroundings. They will have previous experience working in a hotel environment ideally in a luxury setting.
Your duties will include:
- Represent the Hotel Management in their absence, taking full responsibility of the hotel
- Manage, record and promptly resolve issues or emergencies
- Assist all departments
- Conduct annual and mid-year Appraisals with Team Members
- Act in accordance with all security and emergency procedures and manage the instigation of these, as required
- Conduct annual and mid-year appraisals with Team Members
- Night Team's training and development
The successfully Night Manager will:
- Be a natural leader with drive
- Have Duty Management experience in a 4 / 5 star Hotel
- Have a good command of the English language
- Knowledge of Protel system would be an advantage
- Command of another European language would be an advantage
- Be able to work full-time night shifts
- Be extremely well groomed and presented
We will offer you:
- A very competitive salary
- Travel card loans
- Meals on duty
- Uniform and uniform care
- Performance review and personal development plan
- Internal transfer & promotion opportunities
- Yearly hotel stay with dinner in the outlet of your choice
- Support in the development of your career
One Aldwych is renowned as an employer that invests in its staff and provides fantastic training and development opportunities to help develop your career.
People are our greatest asset and we are always on the look out for motivated and professional individuals. We place a great deal of importance on assembling the best possible team of people at all levels and then providing the right training and opportunities to allow people to develop to their full potential.
2014 Best Employers in Hospitality Awards, June 2014
One Aldwych is named one of the "top 50 employers in England and Wales" in the annual 2014 Best Employers in Hospitality Awards.
The hotel was the runner-up in the Best Large Independent Hotel Employer category.