WAITER/ESS - AXIS AT ONE ALDWYCH
One Aldwych is London's definitive contemporary luxury hotel. Set in buzzing Covent Garden, in the heart of the capital, this award-winning 5 star hotel offers creature comforts with personalised service.
Axis at One Aldwych has a stylish design and exciting Modern British menus
Axis is open for lunch and dinner
Tuesday to Friday, Dinner open on Saturdays
This is a fantastic opportunity for a natural customer service focused individual to join our team from a luxury environment. You will enthusiastic about restaurants and be able to motivate and inspire a dynamic team.
You will have excellent interpersonal skills and will be a crucial part of the restaurant team. A hard working and cheerful attitude is important, as well as a desire to learn. Previous experience in a similar role is essential.
Your Duties will include:
- Ensuring regular clients are known and greeted
- Have complete knowledge of the menu and wine list
- Ensure highest standards of customer care at all time, providing a friendly, courteous and professional service at all time
- Understanding the flow of service in order to anticipate Headwaiters instruction whenever possible
- Ensure that all tables are cleaned and relayed
- Acknowledge and bid farewell departing guests
To be successfully you will:
- Previous experience within a food and beverage role, in a 4/5 star hotel or a rosette restaurant
- Be a good team player
- Have an excellent command of the spoken English
- Be well groomed and presented
- Have the right to work in the United Kingdom
We will offer you:
- A very competitive salary
- Travel card loans
- Meals on duty
- Uniform and uniform care
- Performance review and personal development plan
- Internal transfer & promotion opportunities
- 28/32 days holiday per annum, increasing 1 day annually up to 4 years
- Yearly hotel stay with dinner in the outlet of your choice
- Support in the development of your career
One Aldwych is renowned as an employer that invests in its staff and provides fantastic training and development opportunities to help develop your career.
People are our greatest asset and we are always on the look out for motivated and professional individuals. We place a great deal of importance on assembling the best possible team of people at all levels and then providing the right training and opportunities to allow people to develop to their full potential.
2013 Best Employers in Hospitality Awards, October 2013
One Aldwych is named one of the "top 50 employers in England and Wales" in the annual 2013 Best Employers in Hospitality Awards.
The hotel was the runner-up in the Best Large Independent Hotel Employer category.