One Aldwych is London's definitive contemporary luxury hotel. Set in buzzing Covent Garden, in the heart of the capital, this award-winning 5 star hotel offers creature comforts with personalised service.
As part of the brigade under Executive Chef, Dominic Teague you will be passionate and dedicated to your career.
Dominic has nearly 20 years experience in the industry. He was Executive Sous Chef for the last two years at The Sandy Lane hotel, an exclusive, luxury resort in Barbados.
Prior to he worked in some of London's established hotels and restaurants such as Andaz, L' Escargot and Marco Pierre White's The Oakroom.
What we require from you:
- Experience as a Staff Chef or equivalent
- A passion to succeed in a fast paced quality environment
- Be a dynamic leader and role model in the kitchen
- Ability to prioritize different tasks and requests coupled with proven organization skills
- Ensure all menu items are properly prepared using correct recipes
- Ensure that correct portion control and amount of "Mise en place" are prepared and set up for service in the kitchen.
- Have a Level 2 Food Safety and Catering qualification or equivalent
- Have the right to work in the United Kingdom
We will offer you:
- A very competitive salary
- Travel card loans
- Meals on duty
- Uniform and uniform care
- Performance review and personal development plan
- Internal transfer & promotion opportunities
- 28 / 32 days holiday per annum, increasing 1 day annually up to 4 years
- Yearly hotel stay with dinner in the outlet of your choice
- Support in the development of your career
One Aldwych is renowned as an employer that invests in its staff and provides fantastic training and development opportunities to help develop your career.
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.
2014 Best Employers in Hospitality Awards, June 2014
One Aldwych is named one of the "top 50 employers in England and Wales" in the annual 2014 Best Employers in Hospitality Awards.
The hotel was the runner-up in the Best Large Independent Hotel Employer category.