HEAD WAITER/ESS - AXIS AT ONE ALDWYCH
One Aldwych is London's definitive contemporary luxury hotel. Set in buzzing Covent Garden in the heart of the capital, this award-winning 5 star hotel offers creature comforts with personalised service.
Axis at One Aldwych has a stylish design and exciting Modern British menus, and is open for dinner Tuesday to Saturday and brunch on Saturdays & Sundays.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a natural customer service-focused individual to join our team as a Head Waiter/ess. You will be enthusiastic about restaurants and be able to motivate and inspire a dynamic team. You will have excellent interpersonal skills and will be a crucial part of the restaurant team. A hard working and cheerful attitude is important, as well as a desire to learn. Previous experience in a similar role is essential.
Your duties as a Head Waiter/ess will include:
- Engaging in your guest's experience
- Taking ownership of managing your sections
- Ensuring regular clients are known and greeted
- Having complete knowledge of the menu and wine list
- Ensuring the highest standards of customer care are maintained at all times, providing memorable, outstanding service
- Being able to communicate with colleagues of all levels
To be the successful Head Waiter/ess you will:
- Have previous experience as a Headwaiter/ess in a luxury environment. Experience in a 5 star hotel or a rosette restaurant is essential
- Be able to demonstrate leadership skills
- Be a good team player
- Have an excellent command of spoken English
- Be well groomed and presented
- Have the right to work in the United Kingdom
We will offer you:
- A very competitive salary
- Travel card loans
- Meals on duty
- Uniform and uniform care
- Performance review and personal development plan
- Internal transfer & promotion opportunities
- 28 to 32 days holiday per year, increasing 1 day annually up to 4 years
- Yearly hotel stay in the hotel , with dinner in the outlet of your choice
- Support in the development of your career
One Aldwych is renowned as an employer that invests in its staff and provides fantastic training and development opportunities to help develop your career.
People are our greatest asset and we are always on the lookout for motivated and professional individuals. We place a great deal of importance on assembling the best possible team of people at all levels and then providing the right training and opportunities to allow people to develop to their full potential.
2013 Best Employers in Hospitality Awards
One Aldwych was named one of the "top 50 employers in England and Wales" in the annual 2013 Best Employers in Hospitality Awards.
The hotel was the runner-up in the Best Large Independent Hotel Employer category.