EVENT SALES MANAGER
This privately owned hotel has brilliant contemporary interiors, a buzzing Lobby Bar and two fabulous restaurants - Axis at One Aldwych and Indigo.
The hotel boasts a stunning chlorine free swimming pool with underwater music, a state-of-the-art gym with dedicated personal trainers, cutting-edge technology and spa treatments from the prestigious skincare house, Natura Bissé. For formal meetings or beautiful events there are seven sleek contemporary spaces, in addition to a luxurious private screening room. Coupled with the hotel's private contemporary art collection, which consists of over 400 pieces, and thoughtful, unpretentious service, One Aldwych is truly an exciting place to stay…
We now have a fantastic opportunity for a customer service focused individual to join our team as Events Sales Manager. You will have a passion for service excellence and will enjoy working in professional surroundings. You will have previous experience working in a 5 star hotel environment ideally in a luxury setting.
To be the successful Events Sales Manager you will:
- Build relationships with Key clients
- The ability to convert ideas into actions
- Immerse yourself into the One Aldwych culture
- Proven Event Sales within the London Luxury Market
You will be responsible for:
- Position the Hotel in the market place, establishing the profile and reputation
- Pro- Active sales
- Become the 'face' of the business
- Implement a focused sales strategy for the business
- Experience in marketing and knowledge within London
- Co-ordinate with the Events Operations Manager to optimise profitable utilisation of restaurants, private dining room capacity and room occupancy and revenue
- Build client relationship through consistency and attention to detail, establishing a loyal client base
- Develop Group Business (new and existing), manage all incoming group enquiries with the team
- Manage the Events Sales office, reporting to the Food & Beverage Director
- Conduct daily and regular team briefings, 1-2-1 job chats, performance reviews and feedback to develop the team
- Ensure all events are managed and receive the same, consistent attention and service in accordance with the hotel's standards
We will offer you:
- A very competitive salary
- Travel card loans
- Meals on duty
- Uniform care
- Performance review and personal development plan
- Internal transfer & promotion opportunities
- 28/32 days holiday per annum, increasing 1 day annually up to 4 years
- Yearly hotel stay with dinner in the outlet of your choice
- Support in the development of your career
One Aldwych is renowned as an employer that invests in its staff and provides fantastic training and development opportunities to help develop your career.
2013 Best Employers in Hospitality Awards
One Aldwych is named one of the "top 50 employers in England and Wales" in the annual 2013 Best Employers in Hospitality Awards.
The hotel was the runner-up in the Best Large Independent Hotel Employer category.