DEMI CHEF DE PARTIE - INDIGO
One Aldwych is a privately owned hotel with brilliant contemporary interiors, the vibrant Lobby Bar and two fabulous restaurants - Indigo and Axis.
Indigo Restaurant is looking for an experienced Chef de Partie.
As a Chef de Partie you will be passionate about food and have extensive knowledge of British and Modern European cooking.
As part of the brigade under Executive Chef, Dominic Teague you will be passionate and dedicated to your career.
Dominic has nearly 20 years experience in the industry. He has just spent the last two years working abroad at The Sandy Lane hotel, an exclusive, five star luxury hotel and resort situated in Saint James on the island-nation of Barbados.
Prior to Sandy Lane hotel, he worked in some in some of London's well established hotels and restaurants such as Andaz, L' Escargot, Marco Pierre White -The Oakroom.
What we require from you:
- Currently be a Chef de Partie
- A passion to succeed in a fast paced quality environment
- Ability to prioritize different tasks and requests coupled with proven organization skills
- Have experience of working in a fine dining environment
- Good level of English language both spoken and written
- Have an NVQ Level 1 & 2 Catering qualification or equivalent
- Have a Level 2 Food Safety and Catering qualification or equivalent
- Have the right to work in the United Kingdom
We will offer you:
- A very competitive salary
- Travel card loans
- Meals on duty
- Uniform and uniform care
- Performance review and personal development plan
- Internal transfer & promotion opportunities
- 28 / 32 days holiday per annum, increasing 1 day annually up to 4 years
- Yearly hotel stay with dinner in the outlet of your choice
- Support in the development of your career
One Aldwych is renowned as an employer that invests in its staff and provides fantastic training and development opportunities to help develop your career.
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.
2013 Best Employers in Hospitality Awards, October 2013
One Aldwych is named one of the "top 50 employers in England and Wales" in the annual 2013 Best Employers in Hospitality Awards.
The hotel was the runner-up in the Best Large Independent Hotel Employer category.