COMMIS WAITER/ESS - INDIGO
One Aldwych is London's definitive contemporary luxury hotel. Set in buzzing Covent Garden, in the heart of the capital, this award-winning 5 star hotel offers creature comforts with personalised service.
Indigo is a busy and vibrant restaurant overlooking the Lobby Bar. We offer a creative Modern European menu, including organic produce and light and healthy options. We are open every day for breakfast, lunch, pre and post theatre supper and dinner.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a customer focused individual to join our team as a Commis Waiter/ess.
You will be a crucial part of the restaurant team with the desire to learn and develop. Previous experience in a similar role is essential.
Your Duties will include:
- Ensuring regular clients are known and greeted
- Have complete knowledge of the menu
- Ensure highest standards of customer care at all time, providing a friendly, courteous and professional service at all times
- Understanding the flow of service in order to anticipate whenever possible
- Ensure that all tables are cleaned and relayed
- Working alongside the Chefs and provide effect management of the pass
To be successfully you will:
- Previous experience within a food and beverage role
- Be a good team player
- Have an excellent command of the spoken English
- Be well groomed and presented
- Have the right to work in the United Kingdom
We will offer you:
- A very competitive salary
- Season ticket loan
- Meals on duty
- Uniform and uniform care
- Performance review and personal development plan
- Internal transfer & promotion opportunities
- 28 days holiday per annum, increasing 1 day annually up to 4 years
- Yearly hotel stay with dinner in the outlet of your choice
- Support in the development of your career
One Aldwych is renowned as an employer that invests in its staff and provides fantastic training and development opportunities to help develop your career.
People are our greatest asset and we are always on the look out for motivated and professional individuals. We place a great deal of importance on assembling the best possible team of people at all levels and then providing the right training and opportunities to allow people to develop to their full potential.
2013 Best Employers in Hospitality Awards, October 2013
One Aldwych is named one of the "top 50 employers in England and Wales" in the annual 2013 Best Employers in Hospitality Awards.
The hotel was the runner-up in the Best Large Independent Hotel Employer category.