We are looking to recruit a Commis Chef for Indigo Restaurant, as a Commis Chef you will be passionate about food and have extensive knowledge of British cooking.
As part of the brigade under Executive Chef, Dominic Teague you will be passionate and dedicated to your career.
Dominic has nearly 20 years experience in the industry. He has just spent the last two years working abroad at The Sandy Lane hotel, an exclusive, five star luxury hotel and resort situated in Saint James on the island-nation of Barbados.
Prior to Sandy Lane hotel, he has worked in some in some of London's well established hotels and restaurants such as Andaz, L' Escargot, Marco Pierre White -The Oakroom
What we require from you:
- Experience in Kitchens
- Consistently deliver high standard of food preparation
- Ability to prioritize different tasks and requests coupled with proven organization skills
- Good level of English language both spoken and written
- Flexibility to work on rota basis is a must
- A passion to succeed in a fast paced quality environment
- Have an NVQ Level 1 & 2 Catering qualification or equivalent
- Have a Level 2 Food Safety and Catering qualification or equivalent
We will offer you:
- A very competitive salary
- Travel card loans
- Meals on duty
- Uniform and uniform care
- Performance review and personal development plan
- Internal transfer & promotion opportunities
- 28 / 32 days holiday per annum, increasing 1 day annually up to 4 years
- Yearly hotel stay with dinner in the outlet of your choice
- Support in the development of your career
One Aldwych is renowned as an employer that invests in its staff and provides fantastic training and development opportunities to help develop your career.
2014 Best Employers in Hospitality Awards
One Aldwych is named one of the "top 50 employers in England and Wales" in the annual 2014 Best Employers in Hospitality Awards.
The hotel was the runner-up in the Best Large Independent Hotel Employer category.